3 de janeiro de 2006

ESL teachers - jobs

Dialogue
A: What is he?
B: A man, of course.
A: Yes, but what does he do?
B: He lives, and is a man.
A: Oh quite! But he must work. He must have a job of some sort.
B: Why?
A: Because obviously he's not one of the leisured classes.
B: I don´t know. He has a lot of leisure. And he makes quite beautiful chairs.
A: There you are, then! He's a cabinet-maker.
B: No, no!
A: Anyhow, a carpenter and joiner.
B: Not at all!
A: But you said so.
B: What did I say?
A: That he made chairs, and was a joiner and carpenter.
B: I said he made chairs, but I did not say he was a carpenter.
A: All right, then. He's an amateur.
B: Perhaps. Would you say a thrush was a professional flautist, or just an amateur?
A: I'd say it was just a bird.
B: Well, and I say he is just a man...
D.H.Lawrence

Sem comentários: